We strongly recommend completing the various set up steps in order - for things like departments, sites, job roles and so on this is not important but to add an employee you need to have all those things already set up as the employee file needs to contain the employees job role, status, department, site and manager.
Employees are at the heart of any company and the core component for human resources.
Employees can be added going to the People Menu > Employees. From here, you can access all of your employees information as well as adding new employees to the system.
If you then scroll down to the bottom of the screen below the employee card, you will see two options for adding an employee:
The quick add module allows you to enter the main information about your employees to enable you to use the system. There is also a "full" add form which allows you to enter much more information as well as the ability to bulk upload your employees via a CSV file.
Most of the fields are pretty self explanatory but a few warrant some additional comments:
- Active status: "Active" depicts a current employee, "archived" depicts one who is no longer in your employment but whose details you still need to maintain.
- Works ID: This is any sort of identifier which you use within your organization to differentiate between individual employees such as employee number or payroll ID, for example.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN): In most countries the government issues a unique number to every employee which identifies them as a unique individual usually for tax purposes. We use this number as a way to prevent you entering duplicate employees, as this number is truly unique at a government level. If your employees do not have one or you do not want to store this information, then you can enter anything in this box as long as it is unique within your company (you could enter the Works ID, for example).
- Work email address: If you want to use "Self Service" then it is vital that you enter a valid work email address for each employee as this is used to send notifications etc.
- Start Date - When did the employee start with the business?
- Contract End Date - If the employee is working on a contract basis, when does this end?
- What are the 'Add' next to Job title, Job status, and Department? - If you are entering an employee and you realize that they are in a department which you have not yet entered into the system, then you can simply click the 'Add', add the department and the list will automatically update itself to include your latest department.
- Manager - This field is self-explanatory but it is worth noting that there should only ever be one employee in the company who has no manager (i.e. the person at the top of the hierarchy) hence we recommend entering this person first and working down from the top. This way you create the hierarchy assigning manager level roles first so when you get to your next level of managers or employees, the correct list of managers will be available in the drop down list.
- Head of Department
- Head of Department?/Super Approver? - These options will allow the employee to be selected as a head of department or a super approver.
- Currency - What currency is used to pay this employee?
- Salary - What is the employee's salary?
Time Off Allowances:
- Holidays per year: If you have not yet setup your time off settings then this will give you the option to enter a value and then choose either days or hours. If your company has more than one time off type attributed to paid time off then you should set those up first by going to time off settings and then entering time off types
This option will allow you to trigger a workflow once this employee has been created. To set up an on-boarding workflow, please click here.
User Account - Within the quick add page, there is the option to create a user account for this employee. If selected, the following rules which will apply:
- The work email address which has been entered will become the login name for this user account.
- If the employee is assigned to a manager-level job role, the user group for this employee will be set to "Manager". If the job role is not a manager-level role, this user account will be set to "Employee".
- The User account will be set to "Enabled".
- No emails will be sent to the employee regarding the user account - this will need to be completed via People > Users.
Please note - Custom employee fields will appear in full add but not in quick add. If you wish for these fields to appear in quick add, you will need to enable the 'Show custom fields on Quick add' function found by going to Administration > Company > Settings > Company Settings.
From this screen, you are also able to disable full add using the option 'Show Full add' if you wish to restrict the add employees functions.
Top tip: If you enter an employee and choose a manager role as their job title then this will remove two items from the getting started walk-through.