To add an expenses claim, go to What would you like to do? > Add Expenses or Self Service > My requests > Expenses.
Then, click on 'Add' and it will take you through the screen below:
- Report name
- Report description - This can be left blank unless your company has requested that this field should be completed.
- Report currency.
You can add up to 50 lines of mileage expenses to one claim individually by selecting 'Add line'. To add multiple lines at once, enter a number in the box as shown below and click 'Add multiple'.
Additionally, if you use the "Remove last" and "Remove all" buttons, these will remove the relevant lines from the form even if they have data in them - both generate a popup where you will need to confirm prior to actually removing any lines but this cannot be reversed.
- Date - The date the expense was incurred.
- Category - What type of expense category is this line of the claim for? (i.e. meals).
- Reason - The reason for incurring the expense.
- Vendor - Where this expense was incurred.
- Currency - This may only be set to one currency for your company or within settings, it may allow you to claim different currencies.
- Receipt gross value - The total amount being claimed for.
- Tax - The amount of tax for this claim (this may not be required in your company).
- Converted value - If using a different currency than GP, this will show the amount in GBP to show the amount you will receive from this claim.
- Billable - Whether this expense is required to be billed to a customer.
- Payment method - How this should be paid to you.
- Comments - Any relevant comments that need to be added to this expense.
Your company may have additional options for references. These options can be used for finance to know exactly what this expense should be billed against.
Recept upload - If online receipts are enabled, when you click on confirm and upload receipts, you are taken to the screen below where you can upload the receipt images.
To add each file, click on 'Add files' and choose the file from your computer. The maximum size of any one file is 2MB and only files of type jpg, gif, png, jpeg, BMP, if, tiff, and pdf are allowed.
Once you have chosen all the files you need, click on 'Start upload' - This additional step then uploads the images to our servers as a batch. Once this is successfully completed, the screen should look similar to the screen below. Note that the status is now set to 100% for each file and has a green tick next to it with a message telling you that 2/2 files have been uploaded beside the Start upload button.
Submitting the claim
Once you see a green check next to each file, you can click on 'Submit claim'. If you do so before you uploaded the images, you will get an error message.
The final screen in the workflow is a summary screen that shows you a snapshot of the claim you are submitting along with the receipt images and if required, the expense declaration.
At the bottom of the screen, you will see thumbnails of the receipts uploaded. If you hover over these, a magnifying glass will appear and if you click then the receipt will open full size.
Editing a Submitted Claim
Once a claim has been submitted, an employee will be able to edit the claim prior to approval by clicking on the icon shown below:
Managers, Finance, HR, and Admin users in the event of an error on the employee's behalf can also amend claims by going to:
Finance > Expenses
Once there, you can click the icon shown below and edit the claim on behalf of an employee: